Simulated Malware Penetration Testing
Your internal IT and connected systems are the nervous systems of your business. Making sure that it is maintained and healthy is critically important to all businesses. We can test networks of any size. With the constant evolution of malware, it is essential to test your systems and environments to determine how prone to infection they are. Our Simulated malware penetration test started with a single known infection point using our simulated malware and from there we test and measure your network to determine where we can get to with modern attacker methods.
Why is it important
Our Malware Simulation Penetration Test identifies vulnerabilities and security weaknesses that are present within your networks and connected systems. Internal infrastructure-related weaknesses and vulnerabilities often originate from poor hardware configurations, ineffective system configuration parameters and weak security system controls. Criminals exploit these through malware, phishing and social engineering attacks to gain access to previously private resources.
Our internal infrastructure penetration testing service will help you:
- Gain real-world insight into your vulnerabilities;
- Identify any missing patches;
- Identify weak configurations;
- Harden software and systems;
- Identify where inappropriate services that increase your exposure
What the test entails
We will perform a complete infrastructure and application level penetration testing following the OSSTMM (Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual) and PTES (Penetration Testing Execution Standard) methodologies. These methodologies ensure we identify any weaknesses that could allow an attacker to compromise the network, the data stored within it, or the devices hosted.
One of our CREST-certified testers will perform your penetration test. The test will:
- Conduct a series of automated vulnerability scans
- Carry out a range of manual tests using a methodology closely aligned with the OSSTM and PTES methodologies
- Provide immediate notification of any critical vulnerabilities to help you act quickly
- Produce a detailed report that identifies and explains the vulnerabilities prioritized by the risk posed to your business, not based on CVSS scores;
- Identify a list of recommended countermeasures to address any identified vulnerabilities;
- Include an executive summary that explains what the risks mean in business terms.
COVID-19: remote delivery options
Despite the current COVID-19 situation, we remain fully operational and at your disposal. Hedgehog fully embraces flexible and remote working. We adjust our delivery methods to provide consultancy services, penetration tests, and training remotely where necessary. Hedgehog fully embraces flexible and remote working. We adjust our delivery methods to provide consultancy services, penetration tests, and training remotely where necessary.
Why choose Hedgehog
We only use experienced penetration testers to carried out client penetration tests. Our penetration testers have the necessary technical skillset, qualifications, and industry experience. They have the strong technical knowledge and proven track record needed to enable a successful penetration test. Our testers can carry out safe exploitation of applications and systems, advising on the appropriate mitigation measures required to ensure that your systems are secure.
Our CREST-certified penetration testing team will provide you with clarity, technical expertise, and peace of mind. Our experienced testers will have reviewed your scoped environment, tested it to the fullest during the time permitted, and will provide you with a detailed report.